Thread: Why is Doug Haney Still the City of Carmel's Attorney?

Why is Doug Haney Still the City of Carmel's Attorney?

This should be the last straw. How can Mr. Haney properly represent the City of Carmel?

Re: Why is Doug Haney Still the City of Carmel's Attorney?

Quote Originally Posted by Resident of Carmel View Post
    This should be the last straw. How can Mr. Haney properly represent the City of Carmel?
    Apparently, he properly represents Mayor Brainard.

Then he needs to resign today and get under contract to do such.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident of Carmel View Post
    Then he needs to resign today and get under contract to do such.
    Why would he do that? I am sure Mayoral access to the City Attorney is a nice perk.

For me, that's too easy - and doesn't put the blame where it belong: with the Mayor.

The boss gets to decide who the employees are. If the boss keeps one that gets him in trouble, that's the boss's fault. I guess the Mayor deserves credit for being loyal to people (except, apparently Libman), but then it becomes a political issue about whether keeping that employee is a bad enough reflection on the boss.

Plus, the Mayor's a lawyer, too, right? How do we really know whether the Mayor is pushing the agenda and the city attorney is just along for the ride?

I'm beginning to understand how these guys get away with what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FleetDefender View Post
    For me, that's too easy - and doesn't put the blame where it belong: with the Mayor.

The boss gets to decide who the employees are. If the boss keeps one that gets him in trouble, that's the boss's fault. I guess the Mayor deserves credit for being loyal to people (except, apparently Libman), but then it becomes a political issue about whether keeping that employee is a bad enough reflection on the boss.

Plus, the Mayor's a lawyer, too, right? How do we really know whether the Mayor is pushing the agenda and the city attorney is just along for the ride?
    Fleet, Don't confuse loyalty with the need for birds of a feather................When deception is part of your MO, you have to keep those that champion your efforts close to the vest. Libman is out because he was a non-conformist.